The EMWATER project has set the following general objectives:
- Strengthening long-term regional co-operation and sustainable
development in the Mediterranean countries.
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness in integrated water resource
- Promoting transfer of innovative wastewater treatment technologies
and improving current technologies used in rural areas.
- Encouraging reuse-oriented wastewater management.
- Enhancing public awareness of the insufficient respectively
wrong wastewater treatment and reuse and for the necessity of
an improved hygienically safe disposal.
- Providing decision-makers with up-to-date, relevant information
in order to help them choosing the most suitable technology.
- Exchange of experiences and know-how between the European and
Mediterranean partner countries and among the Mediterranean partner